- 1 12 oz can of red beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 bunch of broccoli florets chopped (Keep the stalk aside for the pesto!)
- 1 bunch of spinach chopped stems removed. (Keep chopped stems separate for the pesto!)
- 1 box of Penne Pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Place broccoli florets on baking sheet. Salt lightly then roast til brown and crispy. Cook pasta as directed. Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add broccoli when done roasting, then pasta. Mix well.
In a blender, add chopped spinach stems, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic (to taste), broccoli stalk, the cheese, and olive oil. Blend well. Pour over your pasta mix well, then top with more cheese and lemon juice.