- 3 Russet potatoes – boiled, peeled, and put into blender ’til it looks like rice
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg
- Mix by hand flour, potatoes, and salt (pinch) gently. Do not overwork the dough. Take the dough and make a hole in the center. Add the egg, then mix into the dough gently–don’t overwork the dough. Form a round mound then cut about a 1 inch slab. Roll the slab out to a long roll about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the roll into 1 inch pieces. Take each piece; cut and place it on a fork. Put your thumb print in the center, then put the piece on a plate to harden for a few minutes.
- Season about 2 quarts of water to sea level taste. Once the water is rapidly boiling, drop the gnocchi into it. When it floats (about 3 minutes in) then it is done. Remove and drain.
- 1 Jar of Marinara
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes drained
- Fresh Basil cubed and some shredded
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese cubed
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the Marinara sauce and saute about 10 minutes, then add the cubed basil and cubed cheese. Saute ’til cheese is melted.
- Pour over gnocchi, then add a little torn basil and Parmesan cheese on top. Then serve and enjoy.